Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Vita Aggiornamento

Life updates:



-International affairs are beyond intriguing. However, international teachers leave me bewildered. I couldn’t understand a word my teacher from Slovenia said last block. This block, I have to try my hardest to not to pull a Rip Van Winkle throughout the class period. She sits in the same chair for three straight hours and talks. No notes. No slides. No maps. No vocal inflections. The same straight face the entire time. I’ve no other choice but to doodle. Must. Stay. Awake. As you can see from the drawings below, my mind wanders…


There’s no telling…


-We had a movie night last night. The girls met and watched an episode of Glee and then Natalie and I went to the crew’s room to watch a scary movie. It was a nice way for everyone to unwind after our trip to Munich and Salzburg.

-Marco left for a trip to Amsterdam so I haven’t been learning many new Italian phrases as of late, but don’t worry, I plan to pick up the slack.

-I skyped with the family the other day. Apparently there is a real catastrophe at home. Katie—its time to introduce Nathan to his soon-to-be third roommate: Gracie.

-My friend Sam is coming to visit next week. It’ll be great to see him and introduce him to my study abroad family. I’m pumped!

-I just cut Kristin, Patrick, Chris, Ryan and Jared’s hair. Either they’re overly trusting of me, or I may have a knack for hair cutting. I undoubtedly learned everything I know from Dwight and Roger. Sending a smooch your way!

-I had my first (and probably only) sip of beer while in Munich. I’m not much of a complainer, but I’d rather wine.

-There is a surplus of pretzels in Germany. At least that was my twisted observation.

-For some reason I’m feeling especially punny today.

-We hiked to the top of Verona yesterday and sat on the ledge of the fortress to watch the sunset. The entire group went. We all brought sandwiches and wine and enjoyed the view. I love it when the whole group goes on adventures like this one. We always end up having the best times.

We hiked all the way up to the top!


- I apologize for the picture vomit on my last two posts. I just wanted you to see everything I was fortunate enough to see. Austria and Germany were awesome!

-I have fallen in love with my friends over here. We’re already planning excursions together for when we get back to the states. First on the list—taking our Korean friend, Lisa, skeet shooting. This should be entertaining.

-Kat hasn’t burned anything in the kitchen yet this week. I wouldn’t go quite as far as to call her the next Paula Dean or anything, but she’s certainly improving!

-We’re going to Cinque Terre this coming weekend. This is my last big adventure. I’m so ready to see this place! Every picture I’ve seen looks unbelievable. Even though there is a chance of rain and the area endured mudslides recently, we’re praying for the best experience. Regardless of external conditions, just being surrounded with our group guarantees a good time. Ryan hooked us up with a free vineyard tour and tasting along with free bus tickets while we’re there. Can’t wait!



...Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment